What is BOUT++?
- Framework for writing fluid / plasma simulations in curvilinear geometry
- Finite-difference code, variety of numerical methods and time-integration solvers
- Written from scratch in C++, borrowing some ideas from the original BOUT code
- Intended to be quite modular, enabling fast testing of numerical methods
- Can evolve any number of equations, with equations appearing in a readable form
- Primarily designed and tested with reduced plasma fluid models in mind
- Jointly developed by LLNL, University of York (UK) and other U.S. and international partners